MICHELIN® ENERGY GUARD
MAXIMIZE FUEL SAVINGS, MINIMIZE MAINTENANCE EXPENSES1
MICHELIN® ENERGY GUARD KIT
5 WAYS TO CONTROL COSTS BY CONTROLLING AIRFLOW
Michelin is focused on creating new ways to lower your cost per mile and your total cost of ownership. And now, we're proud to introduce our newest innovation, MICHELIN® Aerodynamic Solutions—featuring a durable, fully integrated Energy Guard kit that controls the vehicle's airflow and delivers significant fuel savings without raising maintenance costs.DOWNLOAD ENERGY GUARD BROCHURE
PROVEN FUEL EFFICIENCY7.1% FUEL SAVINGS AT 100 km/h3
ESTIMATED FUEL SAVINGS$4,500 $1.26/L, 160,000 TRAILER KILOMETRES
ESTIMATED GALLONS SAVED3,600 litres PER 160,000 KILOMETRES
DURABILITYFULL FLEXIBILITY MINIMAL TO NO MAINTENANCE
DRIVER SATISFACTIONHASSLE-FREE NO DRIVER INTERACTION REQUIRED
RESILIENT TRAILER SKIRT
Advanced technology allows brackets to flex and give for better control of airflow, while also remaining incredibly tough to bend around objects and bounce right back into place.
- Rigid, impact-resistant design
- Full flexibility both inward and outward
- Durable, fiberglass-reinforced polymer panel
PATENT-PENDING BRACKET AND SLIDER DESIGN
Sliding brackets reduce load on skirt panels to take full advantage of tough skirt materials.
DRAG-REDUCING TRAILER END FAIRINGS
Designed for the top and side of the trailer to accelerate and then turn airflow around the back of the trailer, reducing drag even more.
- Patent-pending design with unique profile
- Does not require cutouts for hinges
- No overhang to reduce chance of damage
INNOVATIVE WAKE REDUCER
A Michelin innovation that works much like a spoiler, increasing the pressure on the back of the trailer.
- Patent-pending, rear-facing spoiler
- Profiled to allow for full door opening
- Diverts downward-flowing air to reduce primary recirculation zone in
AERODYNAMIC MUD FLAPS
Designed to reduce vehicle drag and road spray.
- Patent-pending angled and progressive louvers
- Aerodynamic, louvered cross-section profile
- Easy-to-mount hole pattern with patent-pending wings
THE PROOF IS AT THE PUMP
MICHELIN® AERODYNAMIC SOLUTIONS
An impressive 7.1% fuel savings at 100 km/h.3
1 7.1% fuel savings at 100 km/h. Expected fuel savings based on commissioned, third-party simulation (CFD) and SAE J1321 track testing when compared to trailer with no aerodynamic devices.
2 $1.26/L, 160,000 TRAILER KILOMETRES
3 Estimated fuel savings based on commissioned, third-party simulation (CFD) and SAE J1321 track testing when compared to trailer with no aerodynamic devices.